Friday, September 16, 2011

I love my mom

My mom has always been one of my top supporters and best friends.  I can honestly say that I can share anything with her and she usually one of two people that I go to for advice... her and my husband are the two people I can honestly not live without.

We always have so much fun together... so I was so happy when she came up this entire week and we just got to play.  It has been over 3 years since she has come up and there hasn't been a medical appt. thrown in there or me being extremely sick.

We shopped Monday-Thursday and I helped her sew my nieces Halloween costumes.  So to everyone who is worried that you'll never see a normal life again... I'm living proof that you can get back to enjoying each day.  Oh yes I still have aches and pains, and sometimes get tired and I have to watch it.  But let me tell you... I had a blast with my mom and I went shopping for the first time in 3 years... and enjoyed it.

Weight wise I'm still not back to normal, but I'm okay with that because I know it will come off eventually.  But... I can honestly say that I'm getting my bounce back in my step... which is perfect as it is just in time for my favorite time of the year... FALL.

Whether you are struggling today or feeling good... I hope everyone remembers to enjoy the little things in life.  That goes for the non-sickies as well.  A year ago I was focusing on that fact that I could do a whole load of laundry from start to finish in one day... now I'm shopping for 6 hours.  The little steps, turn into big steps and always have hope that you'll reach those big steps. A positive attitude is key... that is something that I learned from my mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails