Friday, September 2, 2011

Craziness with a whole lotta happiness

Sorry for the lack of posts, but life has been a little hectic lately.  My dear friend, Molly, just got married last weekend so I have been gearing up for that the month of August.  It was a wonderful wedding and I was so honored to be a part of it.  Needless to say, I handle my anxiety perfectly and danced the night away.  As my Dad said, this is good for you Mags.  It gets you out there being"you" again.  I had a lot of fun, and I was so happy I was able to enjoy the entire weekend.  I did come home Sunday afternoon and sleep 16 hours straight though!  Pretty sore and tired for about 2-3 days but it was all worth it and I have recovered quite nicely! :)

Me and my father... Love him!  Prayers for him... he is on his way to India for  a mission trip of sorts tomorrow helping woman there to increase their agriculture production! :)


Chris and I... fresh off his fly fishing trip to Montana with my Dad and brother and his 28th birthday! :)

My mom and I... my best friend!  I couldn't of gotten through emotionally/physically if it wasn't for her! :)  Always and forever my number one cheerleader! :)

Best friends since 5th grade... So happy she found Neil and I was able to be a part of it! :)

The happy couple... Mr. and Mrs. Neil Mulholland! :)


One of my best friend's husbands, Ryan, took the wedding pictures.  Can't wait to see what he was able to capture on the wonderful day!  The weather was perfect! :)

So... besides the wedding, our house got struck by lightning in July... so we have been without our main computer/wireless.  SO I am writing this on my OLD college laptop.  I will admit that I never realized how much Chris and I relied on technology.  Also... we now have a wonderful technology graveyard!  I won't even begin to tell you how much that little lightning has cost us.  But hey... it could be worse!

So now that Molly's wedding is over I'm looking forward to my favorite time of the year... FALL/HALLOWEEN!  My mom is coming up in  a week to have a Mom/Daughter week.... she hasn't been here since April and it'll be the first time in 3 years that she'll be here without any medical interferences! woo hoo

So... I have sat and reflected this week while I re-cooperate.  Its hard for to think that 3 years ago this week I was diagnosed with my disease.  Two years ago this past weekend, ones when I hit my low point.  I could barely walk, coughing none stop and had a temperature of 103.  That's when I had to go to the hospital.  That is the lowest I have ever felt, as morbid as this is I never thought I would live to see the day that my dear friend Molly got married.  So... Molly's wedding was a triumph of sorts for me against my disease.  God has been good to me and has allowed me to start to lead a "semi normal life."  Slowly, he is starting to show me why he chose me to handle this.  Figuring out life and my purpose one day at a time can be quite joyful.  Well... enough rambling.

OH... I almost forgot.  Happy Allen news... Brant and Kelly are having a boy!  Parker Samuel Allen is due in January! :)  Finally that girly family get a dose of testosterone.

Hope everyone enjoys their Labor Day!  Warmly...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails