Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Bummer

Had a little bit of a scare today.  I'll start from the beginning.  Monday night I went to bed with some tightness in my chest.  I woke up Tuesday thinking I might of slept weird or strained something.  The heaviness on my chest continued all through the night and I woke up with morning with it actually feeling a little worse.  I started coughing a lot and new I need to call the pulmonologist.  It might be nothing, but in my head I kept thinking this doesn't feel right.

After talking to the nurse, she told me to get my butt to the ER.  So I called Chris, and luckily he has the most amazing boss and he came and got me.  We were only in the ER for 2 hours, but they did a chest x-ray, gave me an IV, EKG, and etc.   Turns out I have pneumonia.  Not good with someone in my condition. 

So, now I'm on REST and suppose to drink LOTS of fluids.  They put me on an antibiotic with strict instructions, that if I get a fever, I need to high tail it to the ER.  I have to follow up with my lung doctor on Tuesday.  So my whole NO DOCTOR APPT. for the month of February... failed miserable and its only the 2nd. 

So... trying to hanging in there but SUPER uncomfortable right now.  Hope the antibiotic works its wonders ASAP!

The joys of having a frail immune system :(  Luckily for me Chris is taking AMAZING care of me and with encouragement from my Mom, is in the blizzard, also known as Iowa.  I'm hanging in there.  But just to make sure, I think I shall watch a Harry Potter movie just to lift my spirits! I'll keep ya'll updated!


1 comment:

  1. Maggie, how are you feeling today??
    What a bummer indeed!! Chris is so awesome for being there for you in a blink of an eye. What a good support system you have!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails