Friday, January 7, 2011

Healthy, Yummy Comfort



So I've been bumming around the last two days about some stuff... Went to bed last night hoping for a new day. Well I woke up to a cold and frozen hands from my arthritis. Not my idea of a great start. After I stretched my muscles to get them working for the day, I decided I deserved a treat. Two days ago I made a homemade version of Starbucks pumpkin iced scones. They were really good and tasted almost exactly like Starbucks. So I treated myself to one of those and poured myself a glass of my antibody, boosting Naked juice. I looked at my breakfast/lunch and realized this is NOT going to fill me up.

So I pulled out my Bethenny Frankel Naturally Thin cookbook and decided to make her homemade oatmeal. Its snowing and I needed something warm. You bowl 2 cups of water and then add 1/2 of Steel Cut Oats into the water and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then you add slivered almonds, dried cranberries, real maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and soy milk (I used lactaid milk). It was WONDERFUL and very filling! It was exactly what my tummy needed on a warm day. This is the fourth recipe I've made from her book and we've loved all of them.

Although I have a stuffy nose, am still bummed, and my muscles keep cramping up. It did brighten my day to have this yummy, healthy meal and watch the snow fall! Hope everyone has a safe, warm and COZY Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails