Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Adventures of Maggie Part 2

Well... I wish I had a more EXCITING blog post from my adventure, but unfortunately I don't.  I always tell myself to not get my hopes up about upcoming "things," whether that be a road trip, or simply a dinner date.  I just never know what my body is going to give me.  But unfortunately... I never learn.  I'll start from the beginning...

I headed on my way to Iowa on Tuesday morning, walking out the door and avoiding the kitties look... he gives the most heart wrenching pout whenever I go ANYWHERE!  Luckily a little snack diverted his attention... but not for long.  The next thing I new I was pulling out the driving and I looked up and there was Hannity, sitting on our stair ledge looking at the window.  I hate leaving my cat, but it had to be done, and I knew Chris was here to take care of him, so it made it better, but not necessarily easier.

So I went on my way down to Iowa and I actually enjoyed the ride for the most part.  It was a beautiful fall day, I had my music going and all was well.  I arrived safely in the Quad Cities and waited for my parents to get home... all was well, but then my dad arrived home with a cold.  Not so fun when you have a SEVERELY fraile immune system... plus my Dad sick is NO FUN.  But he handled it like a champ, just kept the sanitizer near and and him at a far.

All was well throughout the week, I picked Kelly up at the airport of Thursday night and we had a "sisters" date and JUST TALKED!!!  It was so great to be around here without 2 little ones, as much as I love my nieces, its nice to have the adult time once in awhile.

Anyways, Thursday night I started to have stomach pains, I thought nothing of it.  My stomach gets upset at the drop of a hat these days... whether its anxiety, something I eat, or all the meds I take.  Anyways, all day Friday I felt kind of queasy, but was okay until Friday evening.  We were getting ready to go to the concert and I just didn't feel good.  A couple of trips to the bathroom... I'll spare the details.  Anyways, I figured I was good to go but in the car I felt EVEN WORSE.  I didn't know if I was going to make it to the concert.  Deep breathing came in handy here.  Anyways, needless to say during the opening acts I was in the bathroom... at least I could still HEAR Billy Currington.  Anyways, long story short.  I saw Carrie Underwood's opening performance and then I was in the car on my way home.  Pretty much after I threw up 15 times at the concert I knew I was going to make it... it continued as I got home.  Luckily my dad was home so he ran out and got some medicine for me and took care of me.

So... my plan was to come home Saturday.  Well I woke up Saturday in extreme muscle pain and a low grade temp.  As much as I wanted to come home, it just wasn't going to happen.  Luckily I was able to make the drive home on Sunday, just in time to wake up at 5 am for my infusion on Monday.  It has been quite an emotional week filled with ups and downs.  I'm fortunate to have my rock, Chris and my cuddle bud, Hannity.

Here is a picture of Kelly and I BEFORE the Carrie Underwood concert. 
I'm at least happy that she got to enjoy it... as she is the bigger fan between the two of us.

I had a rough weekend, so Chris surprised me when I got home with my "early" birthday present.  A new ipod touch.  Needless to say it came in handy at Monday's 5 hour infusion! :)

After my rough weekend... I was happy to come home to this little guy!

So that is the end of my adventure... definitely an adventure, but not too exciting!  As my dad said to me... don't be disappointed... all the more reason to see Carrie Underwood next time!  He always knows the right thing to say.  Luckily, Kel enjoyed her thoroughly and by staying an extra day I was able to spend more time with her and my mom.  Trying to stay positive, although hard, TRYING is the key word.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails