Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Update...

Well... I wish I had better news to share, but unfortunately I don't.  I had a few suspicions the past two weeks that my disease had relapsed, but my doctor confirmed the physical signs yesterday.  I will explain a little bit about the sudden relapse.

These past two weeks have been VERY STRESSFUL for my husband and I due to family issues.  These various issues have been going on for over a year and a half, but came to a striking conclusion this past weekend.  The issue does affect me, but more towards my husband.  It is hard to sit back and watch people be mean to him, and then others not be able to stand up for him.  Quite frankly, it is a vicious cycle.

In this situation I have learned a lot, but one of the main ones is how grateful I am to have my brother.  I know that no matter what, he will always have my back.  My brother and I do not always agree on everything, and we bicker like any other siblings, but I have NEVER doubted his love and affection for me, as well as for Chris.  I'm grateful for the support.

So with that being said, and without divulging too many details.  Every time I talk about the situation, my hands turn blue and I begin to to cough and have trouble breathing.  Yesterday was the first time in 6 months that I had a fever over 100 degrees.  STRESS is a major trigger in my disease.

So unfortunately after progressively getting better I have taken some steps back.  I am waiting for the call regarding my blood tests, but most likely I will have to increase my prednisone and have an infusion of Rituxin ASAP.

So... I have decided, along with Chris, to cut the toxicity out of my life for awhile, along with anything that could remind me of it or trigger thoughts of it.  Pretty much, this was at the request of my doctor.  This is such a crucial stage in my recovery and it's sad that something so petty has affected me.  I wish I couldn't stress about it and that it didn't matter, but unfortunately that is not the case right now.

So I might be taking a somewhat of a hiatus.  We'll try to keep everyone updated, but for now the goal is to de-stress and relax!  Prayers would be much appreciated for Chris and I!

Thanks for all the calls, texts, e-mails, etc. yesterday!  We truly appreciate all of your support.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails