Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lungs, Cold and IV's... OH MY!

So... a lot has happened since yesterday.  I'll first start off with my lung appointment.  Overall it went fairly well.  Do we have amazingly good news???  No.  But it went as both Chris and I suspected.  What we know is that my ct scan from August 2009 to August 2010 shows that a little more scarring has occurred, this is to be expected considering I didn't start to feel better until this summer aka the medicine started to kick in.  My pulmonary function had increased to 46 from 45.  The lowest it has been was 42 this past February and about a year ago it was around 60.  So you can see the dramatic drop this past year.  The good news is that it hasn't dropped in the past few months, so fingers crossed the medicine has stopped the proceedings of scarring and will eventually lower the inflammation.  We can not reverse what scarring has been done, but we can eliminate the inflammation.  So pretty much what we expected... and the plus side is that I don't have to go back until December :)

Last night, unfortunately I got hit with a cold.  So I am a little down in the dumps.  Not sure cold, or allergies.  Sore throat, stuffy nose = not fun.  So laying low today.

All this leads me to how I'm feeling now. FRUSTRATED!  I got a call this morning for my infusion schedule.  Since I'm on the "urgent" I pretty much have to take what they scheduled.  Which means Monday I go in... not too bad.  The BAD news is that I have to go again on the 18th... the day I was planning to be in Iowa with mom enjoying one of our favorite holidays together.  There was no way to re-schedule.  It's very frustrating when you don't have control over appointments booked for you.  I feel like the months of October and April I need to not plan anything... which is not the way to live your life.  Hopefully I can work something out and go earlier, but needless to say that there were some frustrated tears and a call to Chris complaining... not one of my finer hours.

We've hopefully worked something out.  But needless to say... I'm going to try and schedule my infusions next month for the month of April.  We'll see how that goes.

So that is the quick update.  I have a cold, and I go to the dreaded infusion office on Monday.  My doctor gave me some anxiety medicine so I'm hoping that works well for the 5 hour infusion.  We'll see!  Bye for now... promise the next blog update will be upbeat :)

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails