Monday, June 28, 2010

Starting to feel "normal"

So on Thursday I was fortunate enough to be able to go down to 7.5 mg. of prednisone... this is the lowest I have been in a year.  So far I'm hanging in fairly well, with only minor withdrawal symptoms.  I can honestly say that I've seen some deflat in my face since going down.  This is partially due to the fact that my skin no longer bludges against my glasses and I can finally see my cheek bones start to come back.  Its making me feel slightly normal again.

I continue to "take it easy" but have started to run in the pool regularly and that seems to be building my muscle strength a little.  My blood tests came back almost normal, except that my muscle enzyme had elevated and is not normal.  There could be many reason besides the fact that my disease is active.  I go back to the doctor the 2nd and 3rd week in July so I will no more then.  In the meantime, I'm trying to be figure out "normal" is for us now.

Thanks for the continued prayers.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails