Thursday, April 29, 2010

If all else fails...

So... I had my infusion Monday morning... glad it is over and I won't have to have that lovely experience for another 6 months.  I am lucky enough to have an amazing mother that was able to come up this past weekend and go to the infusion with me.  It gave Chris a MUCH NEEDED break from the medical stuff.  The infusion went okay.  We arrived at 7:00 am and got in right away.  My heart rate stayed around 144 due to anxiety and I did have a low grade fever.  Some day I swear I will get use to them and enjoy "sitting" for 5-6 hours.  All in all after 2 hours I calmed down a little bit and was able to enjoy one of the ladies next to me... she was quite a hoot... it was her 90th birthday and let me tell you... she wanted to be there less than me!

So yeah... I then came home with my mom and slept for about 3 hours straight.  The next day I felt pretty good and my mom and I were able to go out and about for a little while and enjoy some shopping and errand running together.  She gave me a much needed positive break.

Unfortunately... I haven't been feeling all that great since yesterday... not sure if I'm fighting off an infection or just aftermaths of going down on prednisone and the infusion.  We're playing it by ear right now. 

So today... if all else fails... I curled up in my bed with my fluffy John Deere sweatshirt, kitty at the bottom of my feet and watched "Julie and Julia," one of my favorite movies.  Hey... it works as a pick me up until Chris comes home! :)

Not much else to say... just slowly moving along.  Hoping to feel better by tomorrow! 
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails