Friday, March 19, 2010

My mom is the best...

So its been kind of crazy week. Unfortunately I was feeling a little under the weather last weekend and by Monday morning I was calling into the doctor. I ended up having an infection, which I suspected and they put me on antibiodics right away. Unfortunately, those didn't really kick in until Wednesday. So Monday and Tuesday night were the worst. Both nights I didn't fall asleep till about 5:00 am... not fun. Luckily Wednesday night I was able to fall asleep around midnight and slept all the way until noon. Much needed R&R.

I wasn't able to do to much the past three days, but luckily my mother-in-law (who is amazing by the way) and Chris' sister and her husband brought over food and company on Wednesday. It was so nice to have a home cooked meal without the work. So thankful.

So yesterday, I finally started to feel better and we were able to go visit my sorority sister, Nicole and her husband. So much fun. It was so nice to get out a house and Nicole and her husband are such a breath of fresh air. Thank you so much for having us! It was great for both Chris and I to get our mind off stuff and just enjoy company of a great couple!

So today is my mom's birthday... in accordance with my Friday thankfulness she has to me one of the most thankful things in my life. I don't know what Chris and I would do without our parents, but especially my mom. Everytime she comes up she's cleaning stuff and organizing and making meals for us to have on hand for weeks. But most importantly, she has been there for support from the very beginning. My mom has always been my best friend, but these past few years our relationship is only grown and we've only become closer through this situation.

My mom is one of the most incredible people I know. She has one of the best attitudes and she exhibits the grace and beauty that I hope to achieve some day. I have found that all of moral values and convictions have clearly come from my parents and I hope some day that God grants Chris and I with children and if I could raise my children just like my parents did with me and my brother, I would be outperforming. One of my favorite qualities about my mom though is her ability to have fun. To me she's known as Mom... to her grandchildren she is known as Gaga.. yes she is obsessed with Lady Gaga... her cell phone ring tone is Just Dance. Two of her favorites songs in life are "Yeah" by Usher and Outkast's "Hey Ya." I don't know what I would of done without her this past year, as she always knows how to make me laugh. Thanks mom! :)

Friday Thankfulness:


1... My mom :)
2... Key lime pie... thanks Nicole! :)
3... Keegan and Mia are feeling better! :) Yeah!
4... 60 degree weather in March :) IN MINNESOTA!
5... Getting to see sorority sisters tomorrow :)
6... Receiving sweet cards in the mail, thanks Marie :)
7... Get text pics of Mia standing by herself! :) Such a happy sight.
8... Late night movie watching with Chris... yes we watched Meet the Robinsons AGAIN last night!
9... My husband... can't say this enough but he has been wonderful this week (as always)!
10... My mother-in-law, she did the dishes for us and helped clean up after Wednesday... HUGE help! :) She is so thoughtful! :)

Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails