Monday, February 8, 2010

Highlight of my day...

Well... my day consisted of going to the pulmonologist (i.e.) the lung doctor.  Although this appointment is fairy harmless, for some reason I absolutely hate going to it.  So, luckily, Chris was able to come with me.  We ventured out in the Minnesota snowstorm to my doctor's office in Edina... about 45 minutes away.

All in all the appointment is harmless, it usually consists of a lot of waiting and answering questions... updating my prescription history is what takes the majority of the time.

They then take me to another room to test my pulmonary function. I absolutely hate this. It doesn't hurt, but I get anxiety from it due to the fact that I know my health "status" depends on it. If you have ever watched the show, "The Little Couple" on TLC... the test where Jen gets in the glass cage is a pulmonary function test. A lung function test evaluates how well your lungs work. The tests determine how much air your lungs can hold, how quickly you can move air in a nd out of your lungs, and how well your lungs put oxygen into and remove carbon dioxide from your blood. The tests measure the severity of lung proglems and check to see how well treatment for a lung disease is working.

The dreaded pulmonary function test...


I won't bore you with all of the details, but unfortunately for some reason my pulmonary function was at its lowest that it has ever been... which is weird, as I have been feeling a lot better.  I'm still having the coughs and such, but I have been feeling much better.  Although this news was very frustrating, my doctor isn't sure that its a true sign on whether or not my disease is still hurting my lungs... she is wondering if its a fluke.  So I get to go back in a month and do the whole procedure again.  Hopefully, the breathing function will be up... quite confusing.  The doctor is sending me to get an echocardiogram and EKG... hopefully this turns out okay.  My heart rate has been very high, which is most likely due to the prednisone and the fact that I can't exercise.  I'm fortunate to have very cautious doctors, which is very good with my condition.  After the echocardiogram, I will officially have every organ looked at in the past 2 months, except my brain, via some medical procedure.

Another thing I get to do is a "neti" pot... when the doctor told me this alls I could think about is the episode in The Office where Jim is Pam's secret santa and gets her a tea pot... but then Michael decides to do "Yankee Swap" and Dwight ends up with the tea pot... and shows Jim how he is going to "clear" out his sinuses with it... I believe when I do this I will have to blog... we'll see.

Anyways... highlight of my day... coming home to find the cat relaxing on the couch... had to take a picture.  The joys of being a cat... I always wonder what is going on in his mind!




Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails