Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baby Steps....

Just had to post some exciting news today... I was able to walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes and do some light weights.  I then proceeded to be "snappy" and "full of energy" with Chris as we went and grabbed a cup of coffee at Caribou.  We came home and I made lunch for us and frosted sugar cookies... there is a time that I couldn't of done a single ONE of those tasks in one day.

Its a joyous day when Chris is home, although he works non-stop, the comfort of having him in the house is great.

Thank you to all who have been praying for us and sending us "little acts of kindness" via e-mails, phone calls, and text messages.  It truly means a lot to have support.  I was in the worst mood EVER yesterday!  I think a lot of it was prednisone induced, but still... I warned Chris to look out.  Its funny how God works though, as I received a phone call from my best friends, Molly and Jess, and a call from my brother... all three of which always brighten my day.  I also received WONDERFUL e-mails from people from Gamma Phi, college, and high school that I haven't heard from in ages, that brought very encouraging words... It amazes me the kindness people are beginning to show towards me.  Its truly a blessing.

I was really skeptical about doing this blog and "broadcasting" my disease for everyone to know... in the end I'm so happy I decided to go through this "blogging" adventure.  It truly has helped me cope by typing things out and I can't wait  to reflect back on these words when I'm finally in "remission." 

I met up with my sorority sister, Trisha, on Monday... who I haven't seen for ages.  It was great re-connecting with her and she always has great words of encouragement.  She is someone that I have always admired as a "woman of God" and she leads her life by example.  Anyways, she sent me a great e-mail filled with words of encouragement and bible verses that have helped her in tough times.  I thought I would share one that hit into my heart... Thanks Trisha, you're awesome! :) 

‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

I don't think I can state it enough, but its these "little acts of kindness" that keep me moving.  I made a goal for myself today... by the time my mom's birthday rolls around I want to be able to walk 20 minutes on the treadmill!  It's because of these e-mails and phone calls I know I can do it!  Promise I won't let you down! :) 

Thanks for all the prayers and encouragement ya'll!  I have another lovely doctor appointment tomorrow... fingers crossed we go down on prednisone!!!!!!  I'll update you tomorrow! :)

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails