Thursday, May 26, 2011

The joy of being able to finish something- start to finish

It has been a long time since I have been able to accomplish a project from start to finish.  I would either wear myself out, end of getting really sore, or not be able to physically finish it... i.e. painting our bathroom.  I still officially cannot bend down on my knees.

Well I can honestly say that I accomplished my first DIY project in a long time.  I took on putting up a kitchen back splash... which we desperately needed as the wall behind our sink was slowly getting destroyed.  Chris helped towards the end with me with figuring out how to extend the light fixtures and as well as grouting.  But other than that... a few Starbucks green teas, some music and I had a VERY productive week last week.

We also did some landscaping, while I'll admit that Chris did most of it, I did transplant all the plants and get all of our other plants ready for summer.  Here are a few pics.  Enjoy! :)  I know I am.
 Our new "royal" crab tree which I named Kate in honor of my obsession with Kate Middleton











2 comments:

  1. I looooooove the backsplash. Can't believe you did all that yourself! And the tree named Kate totally made me laugh out loud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE your kitchen Maggie! It looks like it is straight out of Home& Garden magazine! You did great!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails