Friday, March 26, 2010

20 mg. prednisone, Iowa, and peep martinis :)

So... day two of declining on prednisone and so far things haven't been too bad. I'm a little bit more fatigued and my knee muscles are sore, but no fever and no extreme muscle pain... we'll see how the rest of the weekend goes though! :)

Good news... I keep having to go to the bathroom, kind of personal, but ya know that means the fluid is starting to come out of me :) and that is just awesome!

Another huge accomplishment as I am able to keep walking with the encouragement of Chris by my side. The walks range from 15 minutes to 30 minutes (with some breaks in the middle to catch my breath). Its been great to enjoy the sunshine outside :)

We have a big week next week which we are excited about. My sorority sister Trisha and I are having an American Idol night on Tuesday... although neither one of us can get into this year :( and then Thursday we head down to Iowa to my parents house for Easter weekend, with a little stop in Cedar Rapids to have dinner and celebrate with Molly and Neil. I haven't been home for Easter since I was a sophomore in college... can hardly wait. My mom and I are already planning on having peep martinis :)

Here's the recipe if anyone wants to try it :) I'll let you know how it goes!

1 oz limoncello
1 oz raspberry vodka
1 tsp frozen pink lemonade concentrate
1 pink peep

Mix the liquid ingredients in a shaker with ice, pour into a martini glass. Don’t forget to float the peep.

Friday Thankfulness:


1... Being able to go down to 20 mg. of prednisone
2... Randome phone calls from my brother
3... The thought of going home next week :)
4... EASTER!
5... Home cooked meals
6... Oatmeal raisin cookies
7... Date night with my husband
8... SPRING WEATHER :) and walking outside
9... Wedding talk with Molly
10... Sorority sisters

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails