Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A beautiful life... Is a life of the spirit

One of the things that I have struggled with extremely is the fact that due to prednisone I have gained around 40 pounds.  Prednisone also causes you to have a "moon" face... so needless to say my face is HUGE.  Most people who haven't seen me in a year, probably wouldn't recognize me. 

My adorable husband goes out of his way to tell me that I'm beautiful everday, which means so much to me.  It's really hard to wake up everyday and look in the mirror and not recognize your self.  This is something that I have been struggling a lot with the past month... on the positive side the fact that I'm beginning to care what I look like shows that I'm starting to  feel better.

This past week, Chris was in New York for business, luckily my mom was able to come up and be with me for a few days.  I was by myself this weekend though, which gave me a lot of time to think.  If you're ever on prednisone, this is actually not a good thing!  Anyways, I was feeling kind of blue on Sunday... I'm just not comfortable in anything that I wear and was getting frustrated.  I decided to sit down and read my daily devotional that my mom gave me for Christmas.  It's amazing how God comforts us and helps us.

The chapter for that day was "A Beautiful Life... Is a life of the spirit."  The bible verse was from I Peter 3:4, "Your beauty should come from within you- the beauty... that will never be destroyed and is very precious to God."  Amazing how that was the passage chosen for that day.  After I sat there with my cup of coffee and read the devotional, I was able to look up and look myself straight in the mirror.  I reminded myself, that "hey, my face will go down soon" and really truly, is how I act and treat others and rather than focusing on what I look like, I should focus on how I act.  I have challenged myself now to focus on my "inner beauty" and relationship with God, rather than my outer beauty.  I must trust that God will work within my heat and transform my life into something beautiful and know that whatever happens it is His will.

Amazing how God finds ways to comfort you... even when you least expect it.

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails