Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thats what good friends are for!

I have been blessed with many wonderful things, and one of those is my friends.  Although the majority of my friends do not live in Minnesota, I feel as if they have all been with me holding my hand this past year.

Yesterday morning I woke up to a package on my door step from my dear friend Liz.  Liz is one of those people you strive to be... she is amazingly strong in her faith, not judgemental and truly someone that leads by example.  I was blessed my freshmen year to have Liz as my pledge mom in our sorority, Gamma Phi Beta.  We lived together the following year... the memories we made I will cherish forever.  Anyways, in the package was an amazing chocolate cookie candle... yes it smells like cookies.  Chris and I were craving some by the end of the night!  She also included some lotion and HOT PINK nail polish (I will be putting on today).  Another thing she included was a bible verse for each month for us to read and look at... but we can't peak!  I thought I'd pass along this idea... It was pretty neat and I already can't wait for February.

This experience has definately taught Chris and I how to be there for our friends and family in the time of need.  We have truly seen true colors of our relationships with people, mostly for the good.  We now are more eager to reach out and help that person that might be having a bad day, or bring cookies to the neighbor that just moved in down the street.  It definately has put things in perspective for us.  I recommend the next time a friend or a co-worker is having a bad day... just send them a little encouraging note, or by them a coffee.  A little act of kindness can go a long way... believe me I know!  Its the small acts of kindness that have kept Chris and I going for the past year and a half.

Pic of Liz with her bridesmaids from her wedding in August 2008.


Gamma Phi Formal picture... I believe this was my Junior year and Liz's senior year.



Picture of me, Heather (sorority sister and roommate) and Lizzy


Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails