Monday, July 12, 2010

Breathe In, Breathe Out

Breathing in and breathing out... something so simple to so many people.  Unfortunately for me in the past two years it has been quite a struggle.  Most times when I take a deep breath, or even something as simple as yawn, I start wheezing and coughing.  Well good news is that I am mostly past this feeling due to the new drug regimen I am on.

Today was my lung appointment check-up and kind of dictated whether my pulmonologist thought that drug had stopped the progression of my lung disease.  We haven't been able to tell due to the fact that I was on such high doses of prednisone that was masking any symptoms of my lung disease.  Fortunately it looks like the drug is doing the trick and has stopped the progression of my lung disease.  My pulmonary function test although it didn't get better, it didn't get worse which is great news since I'm so far low on prednisone.  Pretty much in the end, we think that my lungs will not get worse, but hopefully my breathing will get better.  Although we are not sure due to the fact that we don't know for certain yet if my scarring on my lungs can be reversed.  I'm fairly positive that I will gain my breathing volume.  So that's the good news for now.  I go in for another CT scan in August/September and after my appointment I treated myself to an iced vanilla latte and Bethenny Frankel's Skinny Dish cookbook... I'll let you know how it is! 

Oh... and I lost 5 more pounds since going to 7.5 mg. of prednisone 3 weeks ago...

Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails