Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friday i.e. Wednesday Thankfulness...

So... it's midnight and I just realized that with all the Easter hype I forgot to do my Friday thankfulness... so instead, I decided I'll list 10 PEOPLE I'm thankful for instead!  The people that have been here for me from the beginning and ones I know Chris and I can truly count on for support.  Whether a phone call, e-mail, visit or text message, they seem to be the ones that truly "get it" and have provided moral support without needing a pat on the back.  If I'm having a bad day or feeling blue these are the people I look too... usually I don't have to look too far as one of them is already calling or coming over.

1.  Chris- lets be honest, I pretty much have a perfect husband.  God truly put him in my life to handle this situation.  I don't know where I would be if I didn't have him by my side day by day.
2.  My mom- lets just say I can always count on her to make me smile.  Last year when I couldn't walk my mom was up here cooking and cleaning for me and Chris... she is truly a blessing.
3.  My dad- always knows how to make me feel beautiful... even when I feel like a big blimp.  My dad has especially been there for moral support for Chris and encouraging him along the way which has helped.  My dad, is the busiest person I know, but always makes time to come visit and e-mail.  Without his support this past year I don't know where Chris and I would be.
4. My brother, Brant- I can always count on him for a good laugh... and know that he has come back to the "right" side of the political discussion, a good conversation.
5. My sister-in-law, Kelly- Can always count on her to cheer me up.  Whether a phone or skype date, she is always there lending her advice and listening patiently to vent sessions--- which there have been plenty.
6.  My mother-in-law- Thankful for the homecooked meals every now and then and the weekly e-mail/phone call to check in and make sure we don't need anything.  She has also been a great support system for Chris.
7-9.  Molly, Liz, and Jess-  The 3 girls that regularly call, e-mail, text, visit, or send cards/care packages.  Thankful for these pick me ups throughout the months.
10.  Hannity-  Okay, I know he's not a person, but honestly, he's the one by my side all day long.  When my feet are cold, he lays on them, when I can't get out of bed, he sleeps with me and cuddles with me all day.  Although I am lonely throughout the days, I can't even imagine what life would be like without the cat.

He got into some of my fake plants and pulled them to the ground... he looks so innocent... NOT!


Yes... there is a cat in there.
Hannity likes to sleep in covers.


Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails