Monday, December 21, 2009

Another day, another scheduled appointment


If you ever talk to anyone with an autoimmune disease they will all say the exact same thing... you have your good days and bad days. Today I woke up and it wasn't a good day. My body was sore and I can feel the fluid starting to build up in my joints again due to the high doses of prednisone. I was extremely tired, so my activity today consisted of sleeping the entire day. I did get a call from my rheumatologists office today. They are now sending me to get a CT scan of my stomach. This was at the request of the hematologist who I will see January 11. I'm glad the appointment isn't until after the new year. We're not sure yet if they will be taking a sampling of my bone marrow yet or not, but I didn't want to be waiting for the test results during the holidays. Although, waiting for the actual appointment isn't fun either! It's times like these I have to remind myself that it could be so much worse and patience is a virtue. Chris and I are always telling each other that God only gives you what you can handle. I know we will be stronger from this and that I'm fortunate enough to have the support system that I do. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. My husband is being so strong and says he's not worried, but I can tell in his eyes that this past year is starting to weigh on him. I'm hoping we get some relief over the holidays to enjoy each other and our families. For me this year, it's hard to get into the Christmas spirit. I'm hoping that in a few days, and with some possible snow showers, I'll start to get excited. I can tell the prednisone is having an affect on my mood. Although the joy of seeing my two beautiful nieces in a week is what gets me through the day sometimes. It is hard for me to travel now, but it is all so worth it. The joy of seeing Christmas through a Child's eyes is going to be a special gift. I really wish Chris and I lived closer to them. I'm hoping in the next 5 years that will occur. Wishful thinking. I thought I'd post some pictures of the two "Georgia Peaches" known as Keegan and Mia! They're just precious and my brother and sister-in-law, Kelly, couldn't be doing a better job with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails