Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I Did It...

So last weekend was my first trip by myself in 2 years... and it went great.  The 4 hour drive to Cedar Falls was accompanied by Lady Gaga, Black Eyed Peas, and random phone calls from my mom, sister-in-law, Chris, and one of my best friends, Liz.  It kept me going! :)  My body got sore towards the end of each trip from sitting in the same position for that long, but other than that it was quite enjoyable.  I had so much fun talking wedding talk with my best friend Molly and her mom, Barb.  I needed some quality girl time.

What was interesting for me is the flood of emotion that I had when I returned to MN.  I just started crying, I mean I DID IT.  There was a point in the past year that I didn't think I'd ever be able to travel by myself.  I keep telling Chris how frustrating it is taking "baby steps."  I feel like I have to start my WHOLE life over and learn how to do stuff all over again.  Well as Chris said... this was a "toddler step" and it was huge.  I think part of the reason that it has be so emotional for me is that I have felt stuck.  I'm not quiet about the fact that I miss Iowa terrible and my family and the fact that I'm really, truly not that big on Minnesota.  But I know this is where Chris and I need to be right now... now in 3 years, we'll talk! :)  Its just hard when my best friends are in Iowa or Georgia and honestly, a phone call is just not cutting it anymore every few months.  So... next destination is Des Moines to see Lizzy and Heather! :)  I'm hoping this ability to drive and see friends will stop making me feel so depressed about being "stuck" in Minnesota.  Sorry to vent, but quite honestly this is the "filtered" version of how I really feel! :)

On a brighter note, Keegs turned 3 last week and had a "Princess and the Frog" birthday party.  It amazes me how much time and effort Kelly put into the party.  Heck, she even had someone come dressed up as Tiana.  In situations like this, Chris and I always reflect on how lucky we are to have a sister-in-law that loves our nieces so much and will always be there for them.  Its nice to learn some future "parenting" advice from afar.  Here are some pictures from the party!

Oh... and Mia is getting so big!  Look at her!  We got to see her walk across the floor on Skype last weekend!  Can't wait to hold them and love them! :)
Blogger Templates

24 comments:

  1. Yay I'm so happy the trip went well! and that you are coming to visit us next!! woohoo I can't wait! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This question has been in the minds of most folks. In the midst of the uprising technology advances we are also faced with lots of negative effects we see today. This question is actually related with life and medicine as technology has solved a lot of our health problems in the past that was almost impossible to deal with. seo services

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resize images to perfect dimensions for 8 platforms. 28 preset sizes for Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and more. Free online tool. BatchSet image resizer

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the reason concentrate on you have to particular footwork ahead of when writing. Is going to be feasible in order to much more appealing article in this way.레플리카 사이트

    ReplyDelete
  5. Broadway Pizza MM Alam Road is a popular destination in Lahore, offering freshly baked pizzas, signature flavours, generous toppings, and fast dine-in, takeaway, and delivery service for pizza lovers. :contentReference[oaicite:0]{index=0} Broadway Pizza MM Alam Road

    ReplyDelete
  6. This method is actually aesthetically truly the most suitable. Every one associated with tiny illustrates tend to be meant by way of numerous history abilities. I suggest the program quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 대전출장안마 이용 목적에 맞는 프로그램 안내 · 타이마사지 · 아로마마사지 · 힐링마사지 · VIP마사지. 조금 더 여유로운 시간과 프리미엄한 방문 홈케어 구성을 원하 대전출장안마

    ReplyDelete
  8. 케어홈 안산출장마사지 안내 페이지입니다. 중앙동, 고잔동, 상록수, 선부동, 초지동, 반월공단, 대부도 등 안산 주요 지역의 안산출장안마, 출장안마, 출장홈타이 안산출장마사지

    ReplyDelete
  9. 케어홈 진주출장마사지 안내 페이지입니다. 상대동, 평거동, 충무공동, 혁신도시, 진주역, 중앙동, 상봉동, 가좌동 등 진주 주요 지역의 진주출장안마, 출장안마 https://carehome-massage.uriweb.kr/jinju

    ReplyDelete
  10. 케어홈 세종출장안마 안내 페이지입니다. 나성동, 아름동, 도담동, 어진동, 정부세종청사, 조치원, 새롬동, 한솔동 등 세종 주요 지역의 세종출장안마, 출장안마, https://carehome-massage.uriweb.kr/jinju

    ReplyDelete
  11. 대전출장안마 이용 목적에 맞는 프로그램 안내 · 타이마사지 · 아로마마사지 · 힐링마사지 · VIP마사지. 조금 더 여유로운 시간과 프리미엄한 방문 홈케어 구성을 원하

    ReplyDelete
  12. 케어홈 진주출장마사지 안내 페이지입니다. 상대동, 평거동, 충무공동, 혁신도시, 진주역, 중앙동, 상봉동, 가좌동 등 진주 주요 지역의 진주출장안마, 출장안마. https://carehome-massage.uriweb.kr/jinju

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot wait to dig deep and kickoff utilizing resources that I received from you. Your exuberance is refreshing. optp dha

    ReplyDelete
  14. 강남 구구단은 서울특별시 강남구 논현동(임페리얼팰리스호텔 지하)에 위치한 고급 강남 구구단 쩜오 유흥주점(룸살롱)의 상호명입니다

    ReplyDelete
  15. 강남 구구단은 서울특별시 강남구 논현동(임페리얼팰리스호텔 지하)에 위치한 고급 강남 구구단 쩜오 유흥주점(룸살롱)의 상호명입니다

    ReplyDelete
  16. 오피마트 관련 정보를 안전하게 확인하는 방법을 안내합니다. 공식 정보와 사칭 페이지 구별 기준, 후기 검토법, 개인정보 보호, 최신 업데이트 확인 원칙을 한눈에 살펴보세요.오피마트

    ReplyDelete
  17. 강남임팩트 공식사이트 - 초원마담이 직접 운영하는 강남 최고의 프리미엄 엔터테인먼트. 연중무휴 운영, 하루 출근 140명 이상. 지금 바로 예약하세요.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 오피마트 관련 정보를 안전하게 확인하는 방법을 안내합니다. 공식 정보와 사칭 페이지 구별 기준, 후기 검토법, 개인정보 보호, 최신 업데이트 확인 원칙을 한눈에 살펴보세요.오피마트

    ReplyDelete
  19. 강남임팩트 공식사이트 - 초원마담이 직접 운영하는 강남 최고의 프리미엄 엔터테인먼트. 연중무휴 운영, 하루 출근 140명 이상. 지금 바로 예약하세요.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 강남 세이렌 은 서울 강남구 삼성동(선릉역·코엑스 인근)에 위치한 대형 프라이빗 쩜오(0.5) 형식의 고급 유흥주점(룸살롱) 상호명입니다. 여기서 '세이렌'

    ReplyDelete
  21. 부달과 부산달리기를 찾는 이용자를 위한 부산·울산·경남 지역 정보 가이드. 지역별 탐색, 후기 확인법, 안전한 이용 원칙과 FAQ를 안내합니다. 부달

    ReplyDelete
  22. 부달과 부산달리기를 찾는 이용자를 위한 부산·울산·경남 지역 정보 가이드. 지역별 탐색, 후기 확인법, 안전한 이용 원칙과 FAQ를 안내합니다.부달

    ReplyDelete
  23. 강남 세이렌 은 서울 강남구 삼성동(선릉역·코엑스 인근)에 위치한 대형 프라이빗 쩜오(0.5) 형식의 고급 유흥주점(룸살롱) 상호명입니다. 여기서 '세이렌'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails